The English Department is all about YOU.
- Earn an associates in arts degree (AA-T)
- Take courses that satisfy UC and Cal State transfer requirements
- We want your experiences to be positive, rewarding, and engaging.
- Courses in the English reflect the perspectives and passions of the teachers and students in our community.
- Our faculty is committed to helping you reach your full potential as a reader, writer, and thinker.
- We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential.
What’s your interest?
Develop writing skills and meet transfer requirements for CSUs, UCs, and private colleges..Learn More
Explore our literature electives to meet GE requiremetns and explore your interests!Learn More
Try One of These Transferrable Electives
Explore classical myths of Western heritage and how they relate to modern life with ENG 043.Search Classes
English Lit Through the 18th Century
Join us for a lively and engaging journey through the origins of English literature as we read, discuss, and write about major texts and authors such as Beowulf, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, Chaucer, Spenser, Marlow, Shakespeare, Milton, and Johnson--just to name a few!Search Classes
Learn about the Latinx experience in the United States! We will read poetry, fiction, memoirs, and plays as we discuss topics including immigration, families, assimilation, identity, language, and place. This class is taught fully online.Search Classes
More reasons to take an English class at Mission College?
- Combine analysis and imagination, the practical and the creative. Express yourself and explore your passions.
- Composition and literature classes help you develop skills that are in demand from employers: careful reading, precise and powerful writing, thoughtful discourse.
- Become a valuable member of any team you decide to join.
- In all the English Department’s classes, instructors work hard to foster student-centered communities. You will have the chance to make meaningful connections.
Join a learning community and be a part a group of students interested in learning about Latino/a culture and interested in having a personal professional mentor.
Thanks for your interest in an English class at Mission College!