Veronica joins Mission College with over 20 years of leadership experience in student services. Veronica previously served as Dean of Enrollment Services and Student Pathways at Gavilan College, where she provided equity-minded leadership for departments, programs, and services in the areas of Admissions and Records, Financial Aid, Counseling, Puente, Career and Transfer Center, Outreach, and the Welcome Center.
Veronica has extensive experience building sustainable practices to improve the student experience through the regular review of policy and practices. Self-awareness, empathy, and racial equity continuously inform Veronica’s decision-making.
Veronica’s prior roles include serving as Co-Lead for the Guided Pathways Onboarding Team, and Team Lead for RP Group’s Leading from the Middle Academy for the campus team of instructional faculty, counseling faculty, deans, and classified staff. As a former classified staff member, Veronica understands the impact of our frontline staff and served as Co-Liaison for the Caring Campus Initiative.
- In Progress: Doctor of Education, Organizational Change and Leadership
- University of Southern California, Rossier School of Education
- Master's Degree in Public Administration
- University of San Francisco
- Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences
- San Jose State University