About the Honors Program
The Honors Program provides motivated students the opportunity to work closely with instructors and other motivated students in advanced levels of critical thinking, analysis, research, writing, and communication.
Honors courses are open to all students who submit an Intake Form (click "Apply" above).
If you would like recognition for completing the Honors PROGRAM, see the details by clicking "Apply" above.
CSU/UC Transfer Courses
Most Honors courses meet IGETC and CSU GE-B transfer requirements and are taught by outstanding faculty, selected for their special interest in working with Honors students.
- Supportive relationships with other bright, energetic learners.
- Honors recognition on transcripts and graduation.
- Participation in research conferences and special events.
- Priority Registration (based on completion of these requirements.)
- Academic transfer counseling.
- UCLA TAP & UCI Honors to Honors Certification.
- Priority admission consideration UCLA, UCI and many other colleges and universities.
- Honors Scholar recognition for completing 15 Honors units.
Departments With Honors Courses
To see if a course is currently offering an Honors section, please check online course schedule. Click links below for department web pages.
If you're thinking about transferring to a university - join the Honors Transfer Project. I have met some of my best friends through that program as well as found myself in a community of faculty, staff, and students who all are there to help you get to wherever you want to be.
Lina Kawas '16
Honors Transfer to UCSDRead Her Story
Service Area Outcomes
SAO 1: Students in the Honors Program will participate in activities outside of the classroom that will complement their educational experience.
SAO 2: Students in the Honors Program will have the opportunity to work with faculty to develop and conduct research.