Mission College is committed to protecting your privacy.
Last updated June 01, 2022
This privacy notice for Mission College ("Company," "we," "us," or "our"), describes how and why we might collect, store, use, and/or share ("process") your information when you use our services ("Services"), such as when you:
- Visit our website MissionCollege.edu, or any website of ours that links to this privacy notice.
- Download and use our mobile application (Mission Go), or any other application of ours that links to this privacy notice
What Information Do We Collect?
Personal Information You Disclose to Us
Any information you voluntarily provide to us through a Mission College website, such as an email address, name or phone number, will never be sold or traded to other colleges, universities, non-profit organizations, or businesses.
The log file record does not include any personally identifiable information; we collect this data for aggregate statistics and server performance monitoring.
If you use our application(s), we also may collect the following information if you choose to provide us with access or permission:
- Geolocation Information. We may request access or permission to track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile application(s), to provide certain location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device's settings.
- Mobile Device Data. We automatically collect device information (such as your mobile
device ID, model, and manufacturer), operating system, version information and system
configuration information, device and application identification numbers, browser
type and version, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier,
and Internet Protocol (IP) address (or proxy server).
- If you are using our application(s), we may also collect information about the phone network associated with your mobile device, your mobile device's operating system or platform, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device's unique device ID, and information about the features of our application(s) you accessed.
- Push Notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or certain features of the application(s). If you wish to opt out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device's settings.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our application(s), for troubleshooting, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Information Automatically Collected
In Short: Some information - such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics - is collected automatically when you visit our Services.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Services.
This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services, and other technical information.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many organizations, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and
performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our
Services and which we record in log files.
- Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity in the Services (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called "crash dumps"), and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device's location,
which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends
on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. For example,
we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your
current location (based on your IP address).
- You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. However, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Sharing Information with Others
Mission College will share personally identifiable information about you when one or more of the following conditions apply:
- We have your consent to share the information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process.
- We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, such as processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Some Mission College websites may contain links to external websites not owned by, or officially affiliated with, Mission College in any way. Mission College is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords eligible students certain rights with respect to their education records. An “eligible student” under FERPA is a student who is 18 years of age or older or who attends a postsecondary institution.
Last updated: June 29, 2018
- Information on Accessiblity can be found here.
- Student's rights can be found in our catalog at catalog.missioncollege.edu
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the practices of this website, you may contact:Mission College
Marketing and Communications Office
Email the Marketing Office