STEM Career Resources
- O*Net Online, an online personality profiler and career database maintained by the depart of labor that will give you a detailed information about the careers you are considering, including projected salaries, required education, and more.
- Keirsy.com, a quick and painless “temperament sorter” that analyzes your personality to help you determine what your working style is and in what professional environment you’ll thrive.
- MyPlan.com, not another career planner, but a one-stop shop to help you envision how your college, major and interests all have a role in defining what your future career will be:
Engineering for Earthquake Safety
Engineering for Water Safety
Future Broadcast Meteorologists
AMS Certification Programs
The American Meteorological Society, the nation’s premier professional organization for those in the atmospheric and related sciences, has three widely respected certification programs-the Certified Broadcast Meteorologist program, the Seal of Approval and the Certified Consulting Meteorologist program-- to recognize broadcast and consulting meteorologists who have achieved a certain level of competency and to foster high standards of professionalism among meteorologists.
2018 National Student Steel Bridge Competition
FIRST was founded in 1989 to inspire young people's interest and participation in science and technology. Based in Manchester, NH, the 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit public charity designs accessible, innovative programs that motivate young people to pursue education and career opportunities in science, technology, engineering, and math, while building self-confidence, knowledge, and life skills. This group holds a number of competitions throughout the year for K-12 students which require college volunteers.
Whether you have four hours on a Saturday or a full day to spend with us, FIRST event-day volunteers help out during the event season, often for more than one FIRST program. Many of these roles are highly visible and can have a significant positive impact on the quality of the event. There is something to suit everyone’s style—whether you like fast-past actions or helping behind-the-scenes. Many event-day volunteer roles do not need to have any technical expertise.
Team Volunteers, Mentors, and Coaches
FIRST engages thousands of adult Team Mentors and Coaches volunteering with young people ages 6-18. Team Mentors and Coaches work side-by-side with our FIRST teams to build self-confidence, knowledge and life skills while motivating young people to pursue opportunities in science, technology and engineering.
They have a variety of backgrounds, but all share in the FIRST commitment of inspiring young people, their schools, and communities an appreciation of science and technology, and how mastering these can enrich the lives of all.
ASC Chemistry for Life
Find resources for undergraduate students, student members, ACS student chapters, and faculty advisers at two-and four-year institutions.
- National Science Foundation (search by majors.)
- Biology & Biotechnology (search by majors.)
- Student programs, internships and fellowships at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology: