Change the Student Experience
Call to Action: Assess and make changes from an equity and social justice perspective in both the instructional and student service experience.
- Assess the classroom experience and create action plans to create inclusive classrooms and embed anti-racism curriculum across disciplines.
- Initiate a Cultural Competency Curriculum Audit.
- Provide workshops and trainings on student centered syllabi.
- Provide training and mentoring on effective teaching strategies for a culturally diverse student population.
- Assess student experiences with services and offices and create actions plans to create equity and anti-racist experiences.
- Review and update of first responder and direct service training and curriculum.
Call to Action
Assess and Change the Student Experience
|1. Provide trainings and workshops around equity focuses, culturally responsive and anti-racist curriculum, syllabi, and instructional practices.||
|2. Develop an equity-focused guide to curriculum and syllabi development.||
|3. Conduct audits of curriculum for cultural responsiveness, inclusivity, and teaching about historical and systemic racism.||
|5. Establish a work team to apply for and plan for the implementation of a student UMOJA program.||
|6. Establish a work team to plan for the re-introduction of the Student Leadership and Engagement Institute.||
|7. Incorporate student feedback from student surveys, point of service surveys, and other methods to make changes to practices and communications (such as Steps to Success, Cranium Café, and student notices related to enrollment and financial aid.)||
|8. In partnership with ASG, establish a student events workgroup to provide resources,
support, and coordination in the planning of events that celebrate the history and
culture of our diverse student
|Additional Activities to Support This Priority||