All event recordings and reports will be archived on this page and will be shared campus wide to incorporate the student voice in driving the college’s major initiatives such as our Call to Action, Guided Pathways, Caring Campus, Student Equity and Achievement (SEA) Program, etc.
- Talk Story - Sharing AAPI Identities (May 12, 2021)
- Presidential & Chancellor Address and Community Conversation on Implicit Bias (January 29, 2021)
First launched in Summer 2020, Mission College hosted its first Community Conversation with Students to provide space for students to process what happened after the murders of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor.
Facilitated by Tony Santa Ana from Allied Path Consulting, students shared their experiences in facilitated break out groups of confronting racism at Mission College.
Then, Mission College hosted its second Community Conversation with Students in November 2020. Co-facilitated by Tony Santa Ana from Allied Path Consulting and Ken Songco, Director of Student Equity and Success, students shared their experiences as we neared the Presidential Election while dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic.
In Spring 2021, the college continued to offer a Community Conversation with Students Series and hosted sessions in February, March, April, and May. Discussion topics included how students define success; experiences with distance education in the pandemic; Stop AAPI Hate; Racial Equity and Mental Health; and an event focused on celebrating AAPI Heritage Month in May.
Over 200 students, faculty, staff, and administrators participated in these events. Reports have been developed by the Office of Student Equity and Success to capture the voices of students.
Community Conversations with Students - Reports
- Distance Learning: Student and Faculty Perspectives - 3/17/20
- Equity in STEM - 3/17/21
- Stop Asian Hate - 4/14/21
- Equity MindSET Conference - 4/29/21
- Community Conversation with Students - Gearing Up for Spring 2022 - 11/18/22
- Community Conversation with Students - What does Solidarity Look Like? 10/21/21
- Community Conversation with Students - Equity Mindset Conference - 5/04/22