Stop Asian Hate
There has been a wave of anti- Asian violence since the start of Covid- 19 here are some resources to help support the Asian community.
AAPI Student Resources to report Hate Crimes & Attacks
- Stop AAPI Hate Website: Our communities stand united against racism. Hate against Asian American Pacific Islander communities has risen during the COVID-19 pandemic. Together, we can stop it.
AAPI Senior and Community Safety Resources
Resources* developed by AAPI community partners and agencies.
Report an act of violence: Here is a tool developed by the Asian Pacific Policy & Planning Council, Chinese for Affirmative Action, and SFSU’s Asian American Studies Department, to report acts of violence against AAPI communities at:
- The site is also available in other Asian languages, such as Chinese, Vietnamese and Tagalog.
Access the database of hate crimes: Reports related to hate crimes against AAPI communities can be accessed at Stop AAPI Hate Reports.
- Learn the difference between Hate crime vs. Hate. incident: a PSA video from the Santa Clara County Office of the District Attorney explains what is a hate crime and who to contact.
- Learn how to combat hate and harassment: Online trainings and resources on how to end harassment and what to do as a bystander can be accessed at www.ihollaback.org.
Here are some precautionary safety recommendations to keep in mind from the Stop AAPI Hate Initiative:
- Avoid carrying large amount of cash on person at all times.
- Recognize your surroundings by being aware when on foot.
- Shop with a family member of loved one.
- Lock doors once inside your vehicle.
- Avoid leaving valuables inside your car at all times.
- Locate exits and entrances while grocery shopping.
- Notify family members or loved ones of plans in advance.
- To report crimes and/or suspicious activity, you can call the Santa Clara County’s Anti-Hate Hotline at 408-279-0111. In all cases of emergencies, you can also call 9-1-1.
We appreciate the County of Santa Clara Social Services Agency, Older Adults Technology Services and Yu-Ai Kai Senior Center for sharing these resources for us.
* Disclaimer: all listed online resources are provided for residents to take part. The City of San José is not affiliated with any of the listed organizations and all questions regarding resources should be directed to their webpage.