Get to Know the CSU System
23 CSU Campuses
- The largest, most diverse, and one of the most affordable university systems.
- Offers more than 1,800 bachelor's and master's degree programs in some 357 subject areas.
- Practical focus, emphasizing teacher and workforce preparation.
- Undergraduate and graduate instruction is offered in the liberal arts and sciences, the applied fields, and the professions.
- Awards about half of the bachelor's degrees and a third of the master's degrees in California.
- CSU Transfer Guide 2022-23.
- CSU Transfer Timeline Road Map - Fall Start.
Apply to CSU Tips
Minimum CSU Admissions Requirements
In order to qualify as an upper-division (junior-level) transfer to CSU, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete 60 units of CSU transferable coursework;
- Earn a minimum 2.00 GPA in all CSU transferable coursework (2.40 for CA non-residents);
- Complete at least 30.0 units of general education courses;
- Complete four core areas of GE with a grade of "C" or better;
- Oral communication
- Written communication
- Critical thinking
- Be in good standing and eligible to re-enroll at the college you attend prior to transfer.
General Education (GE)
Students have two options for completing GE in preparation for transfer to CSU. The first option is the California State University General Education Breadth (CSU GE-B)
The second option is the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC). Students must complete at least 30.0 units of general education to qualify for transfer, but completion of an entire GE pattern, either CSU GE-B or IGETC is frequently recommended. GE courses that must be completed with a "C" or better for admission.
The certification of GE is the official notification from Community Colleges verifying that a transfer student has completed courses satisfying lower-division general education requirements. It is separate from a student transcript.
Students must complete the General Education Certification Request Form.
Mission College completes certification for both CSUGE-B and IGETC.
Use ASSIST to find out what major courses are needed to transfer to your CSU of choice in your particular major.
Term Priority Application Filing Period
- Spring 2023 - August 1, 2022 - August 31, 2022
- Fall 2023 - October 1, 2022 - November 30, 2022
The priority application filing period may vary based on your enrollment type or status (e.g., graduate, international, returning, veteran applicant, etc.).
Many campuses and majors still accept applicants after the priority period. Check below to see if the campus(es)/major(s) you're interested in are still accepting applications.