New students are required to satisfy the orientation requirement by their first semester at Mission College. Orientation provides students with information about the campus, higher education, college programs and services; degree, certificate, and transfer requirements; registration; academic expectations and procedures; and campus facilities.
Students can complete the orientation by selecting one of the options below:
1. MC Self-paced Online Orientation through the Student Portal.
- Can be completed in approximately two hours.
- Quiz submissions necessary to satisfy requirement.
- No tuition fees.
- Watch this short video for instructions on how to access this orientation.
2. Counseling classes: COU 000A, COU 005
- Earn college units through these classes.
- May take anywhere between two days and the full semester.
- Tuition fees may be covered through financial aid.
- See counselor for more details about these classes.
- Offered in-person or online.
You are exempt from orientation if you have:
- Completed an associate degree or higher degree from an accredited U.S. institution; OR
- Enrolled in the college for a reason other than career development or advancement, transfer, attainment of a degree or certificate of achievement, or completion of basic skills or English as a Second Language course sequence; OR
- Enrolled in the college for personal enrichment; OR
- Completed these services at another community college within the past 5 years; OR
- Enrolled in the college solely to take a course that is legally mandated for employment as defined in section 55000 or necessary in response to a significant change in industry or licensure standards; OR
- Enrolled in the college as an 10th, 11th and 12th grade student concurrently taking classes in secondary school.