NextUP at Mission College
NextUP is a supplemental program of EOPS that supports your educational goals and well-being as a current and former foster youth. As an eligible student, you'll receive additional support beyond what EOPS and the College normally provides.
What is NextUP?NextUP provides community college students like you with resources that make a difference. Receive help with books and supplies, transportation, tutoring, food and emergency housing.
Sometimes the hardest part about getting your college education is steering your way around all the bumps in the road. Most students will face challenges throughout this journey. That’s where NextUP comes in.All
NextUP students become EOPS students.
- Academic/career/personal counseling.
- Priority enrollment for all semesters.
- Assistance with completing the FAFSA (financial aid), CHAFEE grant and scholarships.
- Textbook assistance (book vouchers).
- Transportation assistance.
- School supplies.
- Direct financial grants.
- Hotel Vouchers for houseless Students.
- Food insecurity assistance (campus food pantry, grocery store cards, food vouchers).
- Be a California resident.
- Qualify for the CA College Promise Grant (formerly Board of Governors Fee Waiver).
- Current of former foster youth whose dependency or wardship was established or continued by the court on or after the youth's 13th birthday
- Under the age of 26 at the beginning of the academic year.
- Enrolled in at least nine (9) units (Exemptions can be made with director’s approval).
Complete the Mission Support Form
- The California Chafee Grant Program awards funds to eligible current or former Foster Youth.
- Mission Cares - housing, food, financial, health, and mental health resources.