Transfer Guarantees & Partnerships
Associate in Arts for Transfer & Associate in Science for Transfer
The California Community College system offers a great option for California State University transfer students – the Associate Degrees for Transfer (ADT). These degrees (AA-T & AS-T) allow students to complete an Associate’s degree and satisfy lower division general education and major requirements for transfer at the same time. Students who complete the ADT requirements will:
- Earn an associate’s degree from Mission College;
- Get priority admission consideration;
- Receive guaranteed admission to a campus in the CSU system;
- Are prepared to start upper-division coursework at the CSU;
- Not have to complete more than 60 units after transfer.
UC Transfer Admission Guarantees
The Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) is a commitment that selected UC campuses make to Mission College students who meet basic transfer requirements. By completing an agreed upon sequence of classes in general education and a selected major with a stated minimum GPA, you can apply to the of the following UC campuses with guaranteed admission: Davis, Irvine, Merced, Riverside, Santa Barbara and Santa Cruz.
Santa Clara University
The Transfer Admission Agreement (TAA) is an agreement between the specific Community College, a student from that college, and Santa Clara University's Office of Undergraduate Admission, stipulating that if certain courses and academic subjects are met, with a required minimum GPA, and the student is in good standing with the current institution, then admission to SCU for the following fall is guaranteed.
Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) Transfer Guarantee
California community college students who complete certain academic requirements are now guaranteed transfer to several HBCU campuses. Advantages include:
- Acceptance of completed transfer-level community college courses
- A free single application for up to 4 participating partner institutions
- A simplified transfer process
- Priority consideration for housing
- Consideration for transfer scholarships
- Pre-admission advisement
Arizona State University
California community college students who complete certain requirements may receive guaranteed admission to Arizona State University. Requirements include a high school diploma, 24 transferable units with a grade-point average of at last 3.0 or an associate's degree with a grade-point average of at least 2.5.