Step 2: Explore Career Paths
In this step, you can research majors and explore careers using a variety of resources, some of which are offered below.
Some important factors to consider are career outlooks, salary information, job descriptions and how well careers align with your personality.
Handshake is Mission College's career networking tool. Meet people who can help you land a job, see who's hiring, get noticed by recruiters, receive invitations to apply for positions at top companies, and land internships.
A comprehensive online career exploration program, Eureka provides national and specialized California occupational and educational information. It includes detailed job descriptions, salaries, and training requirements. It also includes personality and skills assessments, and information on majors and schools.
- Click on “Create account”
- Enter Site ID Code: YIQPMHQ in the appropriate box. Note: copy/paste the code may not work; you may need to type in directly.
- Fill out Form and create a log-in Name & Password.
- Select any counselor name to continue.
- Your results will be saved and can be reviewed with a counselor.
Roadtrip Nation connects your interests to real career stories. You can complete authentic career exploration through interactive lessons and engaging multimedia content. There are thousands of career stories to see.
- Go to Roadtrip Nation
O*NET is the nation’s primary source of occupational information, offering detailed and up-to-date descriptions on U.S. occupations.
- Search by keywords in Occupation Search or
- Start with the Find Occupations section to explore jobs by bright outlooks, green economy, STEM, and various job families.
This tool provides lists of career areas and types of employers that hire students within each major, as well as strategies to help you be a more marketable candidate.
Explore degrees, certificates, and transfer opportunities. Check out the Mission and Career Pathways brochure to see a showcase of all the major and career pathways offered at Mission.